How to add a countdown to your wiki
It's all about looking forward to the things that will happen...
Here is a litte description, how to add an countdown to your wikia page. It's a little tricky, but it's worth it..
Create a countdown first:
- Create a new countdown here: http://www.webcountdown.net (Choose your date and customize it)
- On your countdown page, click on "Link" in the upper right corner.
- At the bottom of the popup there is a link called "webCountdown for your website" - click it ;)
- On the next page you don't have to read all the text, just click on the button "change HTML" and copy the code from the LOWER textfield (the iframe thing)
back to wikia:
- Create an blank page called "MediaWiki:mycountdown" ("MediaWiki:" is IMPORTANT, "mycountdown" can be everything else)
- Paste the code you have just copied from the textfield. This should be the only content on this page. Then publish the page. (As example: Here is my MediaWiki:mycountdown page)
- Almost done. Go to the page where you want to add your countdown. Use the "Source" view again and enter "<verbatim>mycountdown</verbatim>" (without "MediaWiki:" - if you have choosen something else for "mycountdown" enter this instead)
- Done. Have fun =)